GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Event Generators » simpleEvtGen default EvtRandomEngine
Re: simpleEvtGen default EvtRandomEngine [message #9177 is a reply to message #9173] Tue, 11 August 2009 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Bertram Kopf is currently offline  Bertram Kopf
continuous participant
Hi Marius,

mertens wrote on Mon, 10 August 2009 22:41

So I think the question basically breaks down to this:
Would you consider it useful to plug that framework into EvtRandomEngine or would you consider it kind of an overkill in that context and rather implement a small, simple engine?

In my point of view this question is very simple to answer. We need a proper random management tool for the event mass production (i.e. for the event generation, simulation, digitization, reconstruction as well as for the analysis). In addition it would be also very helpful for the code development to have the possibility to exactly reproduce single events of one job. Consider the following: If someone reports a bug, let's say the application crashes in event number xyz. Then it would be extremely helpful to reproduce this crash by starting directly at event xyz. Also for this purpose it would be nice to have something more powerful. Therefore I think it is important to have/to develop:

o a proper interface to all event generators

o to have a random control mechanism with the possibility to reproduce just specific events of one job

o (at least) to provide the possibility to switch between different random engines

o to provide an easy to use user interface

Cheers,
Bertram.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message