GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » CBM » CBMROOT » General » New external packages July 09
Installation of external packages july09 on MAC OS 10.6 [message #10335 is a reply to message #8965] Thu, 04 March 2010 15:24 Go to previous message
Volker Friese is currently offline  Volker Friese
first-grade participant
I have successfully installed the externals july09 anmd cbmroot trunk on MAC Snow Leopard. I had to overcome (with Florian's help) some problems, which I report here, as they may be helpful for others.

First, you need on your MAC a C++ compiler, of course. If you do not have it, you can for instance install the XCode package.

Then, you need in addition a fortran compiler. The best choice is gfortran, which you can download from here.

Now you can download and install the externals as described on the FAIROOT web site:

svn co https://subversion.gsi.de/fairroot/fairsoft/release/july09  fairsoft

Before running the installation script, I had to
  • modify fairsoft/scripts/check_system.sh on line 155: change "= 5 " to "> 4" such that it is recognised that the system is 64 bit;
  • modify fairsoft/scripts/set_compiler.sh on lines 24 and 25: change "1,4 d" to "1, 6 d" (gfortran -v seems to deliver different outputs on different platforms);
  • create a link in /usr/local/lib/x86_64: ln -s ../libgfortran.a
  • create a link in /usr/include: ln -s malloc/malloc.h

Then, just go to the top directory where you installed fairsoft and call the installation script:
 ./configure.sh 

Then read a good book, go to the movies, or just go home. It will take some time.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 March 2010 17:02]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: External packages Jan10 is now available
Next Topic: Errors in Running Manual Segmentation Macro for SIS-100 New Geometry
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:46:12 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00831 seconds