GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PANDA - Computing » Grid and Infrastructure » /d/panda02 100% full at GSI
Re: /d/panda02 100% full at GSI [message #8943 is a reply to message #8942] Fri, 03 July 2009 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi,
I don't think the solution to divide different users into different disks could help us, even because the full disk is due usually to few users, and they are not "equally" distributed in alphabetical order. This could mean that one disk could become full before the other, and the user who needs additional space cannot use the other free disk. And if the community will grew, we will need maybe more disks and then we should move the user under the corresponding disk... not so nice, I think.

Let me remind that the folders in /d/panda0X are created by the users and are not set automatically by the system, so if I need more space, I could create a new dir in a different disk. I know this solution is not so nice, but panda has not yet fixed policies and resources for the computing, even because it is a bit early, therefore I think we have to live for some time with some "precarious" state.

Just my opinion, of course

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Merry Christmas and Happy 2009
Next Topic: Next Grid Workshop in Turin, Italy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:23:37 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01020 seconds