|Re: GUI design [message #629 is a reply to message #617]
||Thu, 24 June 2004 19:50
Registered: February 2004
Location: GSI - EE
First scetch of a new browser:|
There is one browser which can be opened more than once (like explorer). It has some fixed top directories:
· Analysis showing directory in analysis
· Monitor showing items to be monitored (updated regularly)
· Server showing histograms from histogram server
· File showing directory from file
· Backup with directory structure of analysis and/or user created directories
· Local with user created directories for objects only present in GUI.
For each item several standard actions (depending on folders) are provided by RMB (multiple selection):
· Delete (Backup, Local)
· Copy (All)
· Paste (Backup)
· Edit (Analysis)
· Draw (All)
· Save (All)
· Show (All)
· Monitor (Analysis, Server)
· Update (Analysis, Server) getObject and update any appearance (view panels etc)
Each item has a name reference to the underlying object. Same items in two browsers have same reference (to identical object). After Delete/Paste/Monitor all browsers must be updated.
Drag&Drop is equivalent to Copy&Paste when target is browser, to Draw when target is view panel, to Edit when target is editor (proper one), etc.
Doubleklick is item dependent: e.g. histograms draw (new view panel), parameters edit etc.
Actions like Paste, Draw and Save in the Analysis and Server folder launch a getObject from analysis or histogram server before action.
Some buttons may be short cuts of RMB actions.
Eventually a name filter can be useful.
Additional windows (monitor: toolbar, server: window) are needed to control the monitoring and to set up the histogram server connections.
After Submit, the open status of the directories should be preserved.