GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » STT lookup table.
STT lookup table. [message #8355] Thu, 30 April 2009 13:40 Go to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi all,
I am writing the lookup table to be able to retrieve at the digi/reco step the geometry information of the straw tubes without the need of saving them as variables of the PndSttPoint.

I wanted to retrieve them from the parameters root file, but since I have to access the geo information for each point this seems to slow down both the digitization and (more) the reconstruction.
I was wondering (maybe this is a strange question Rolling Eyes ): is this an expected behaviour? I mean, is accessing the geo information from the parameter file a good idea or should I think of something else? Can it be that the switching between the simulation and parameter file slows down things?

If this is the reason, my second hypothesis would be to create an object PndSttTube and fill it with the geometry information, then save an array of all the tubes in the simulation output file (only once, not for each event). Could this speed up things?

I am just making some guess because I am fighting with this map and I can' t find a way out! Sad

Any comment/suggestion is welcome!!!

Thank you very much,
Lia.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Detector geoemtries in own folder
Next Topic: New safety feature
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:20:00 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01081 seconds