GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Question on GeaneTrackRep.
Re: Question on GeaneTrackRep. [message #8197 is a reply to message #8028] Thu, 09 April 2009 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Anonymous Poster From: *natpool.mwn.de
Hi,

just to sort of close this thread: As I wrote in my other message this afternoon, the direction problem is solved. The solution is actually pretty simple. If you should extrapolate from you point to a plane, you calculate the perpendicular vector to that plane. Then you decide by the scalar product with your momentum vector whether it is a forward or backward extrapolation. It is in the GeaneTrackRep.cxx file and you can take a look.

The spu parameter is just saved inside GeaneTrackRep. I think this solution is fine. It is not a good idea to make it a 6th track parameter since we can not calculate any covariances and most importantly because we dont need it.

In fact I checked for the value of spu and not surprisingly it is equal to 1 all the time. It makes a lot of sense since we usually orient our detector planes such that the normal vector points away from the interaction point. But this is not necessary and it should work just fine, if you'd do it differently.

Happy Easter!!

Christian

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message