GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » Closing SVN access on Wednesday 11 February 2009
Re: Closing SVN access on Wednesday 11 February 2009 [message #7906 is a reply to message #7902] Tue, 17 February 2009 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Bertram Kopf is currently offline  Bertram Kopf
continuous participant
Hi Mohammad,
thank you for the prompt answer and your explanation about the idea behind this new directory.

Mohammad Al-Turany wrote on Tue, 17 February 2009 16:41

pndbase contain only data classes and no functionality, and the abstract classes you mentioned are in base! The idea of pndbase was to collect the whole data classes which should contain no functionality there, may be we should call it panda data or something like this?

yes, I would also prefere to call it panda data since this is a directory which is just a collection of detector specific data classes.
As far as I can see, the "base" directory collects all base classes which are related to the whole "Fair" software. Therefore my question: Does it make sense to introduce (in the future) also a "panda base" directory which collects all Panda (and not Fair) related base classes? A potential common PndRecoHit class (which has been also discussed in this thread today) would be one example which could go into this directory. What do you think?

Cheers,
Bertram.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message