GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » EMC » Energy correction for gammas
Re: Energy correction for gammas [message #7589 is a reply to message #7578] Mon, 01 December 2008 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Bertram Kopf is currently offline  Bertram Kopf
continuous participant
Hi Dima,

thanks for checking the emc correction in the PandaRoot software. The results - at least for the TS EMC with VM G4 - look reasonable to me. As far as I know Jan corrected the energies to the mean value and this seems to match more or less well. The correction for the shasklyk calorimeter cannot be reproduced perfectly but I think one can also use it as a work around for the PB gamma gamma studies.
This would require that Irina uses VM G4 as simulation engine together with the correction from the BaBar like software.

I think the following general things have to be done in the near future:

1. the VM G3 results (especially for the shashlyk calorimeter) look very strange and - in case that one would also make use of VM G3 - it is necessary to fix it.

2. To implement a propper calibration. A quick solution would be to calibrate it with mc truth informations. For a long term project one should get rid of the mc truth calibration and to replace it by a more realistic one, e.g. based on DPM events (pi0-, eta- calibration and maybe also calibration with electrons).

3. In case that different simulation engines should be supported it is necessary to calibrate the EMC seperately for all the supported engines (VM G3, VM G4, fluka, etc.).

Best regards,
Bertram.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: error matrix calculation for EmcCluster
Next Topic: Storage of points, hits, digis, etc...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:10:36 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00898 seconds