|Re: Configuration files outside gconfig directory [message #7559 is a reply to message #7548]
||Mon, 24 November 2008 16:04
Registered: April 2004
Location: GSI, Germany
It is not that trivial as it looks but any way I have implemented the following:
1. The CbmRunSim following new methods:
SetUserConfig(const TString &Config)
SetUserCuts(const TString &Cuts)
SetPythiaDecayer(const TString & Config )
SetUserDecay(const TString& Config)
these methods can be called from the macro, you can use either the absolute path or simply the name of your macro for configurations and/or cuts. In case the macro name was set without path, the framework will try to find this macro in the $VMCWORKDIR/gconfig or in the $CONFIG_DIR if defined, otherwise it takes the full path as given!
2. In the G3/G4/Fluka config files there is no need to call the cuts any more they are called directly from the run manager
3. The only constrain is that the function name in the config has to be Config() and for the cuts it has to be SetCuts()
4. In case of Geant4 the optional G4 native macro (g4Config.in) has to be called from the G4Config.C, this cannot be generalized because of timing and dependancy issues
5. For Geane the same was implimented except that the user config and cuts are optional argument in the CbmGeane ctor.
6. Pythia and Phase space decayer configuration follow the same logic
7. The library loading macros have to be in $VMCWORKDIR/gconfig or $CONFIG_DIR, they cannot be set by the user directly from the macro!
P.S all this is still in the trunk of fairbase, after testing it I will move it to the release!
[Updated on: Mon, 24 November 2008 16:07]
Report message to a moderator