GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » problem when running statistics larger than 2 000 events
Re: problem when running statistics larger than 2 000 events [message #7567 is a reply to message #7448] Wed, 26 November 2008 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Just checking this error, again, I find a way to bypass it (it appears only in very few machines).

When you initialite the parameters in your digi macro, you should comment out the line:

rtdb->setFirstInput(parInput1);

and it should work.

The problem, I think, it is related to the fact that PndGeoEmcPar contains fSensNodes, which is not filled in EMC case and neither created (to have a fast simulation).
When in the init ROOT tries to search for PndGeoEmcPar containers in the simparams file, it fails somehow, and gives you the crash. If you comment out the line (even in reco and all the other macros) it should work.

I think, at the moment PndGeoEmcPar is not used at all, so maybe one could exclude it from the container factory, but I need Dima response before doing this, he knows the digi/reco code better than me.

At the moment I think there are no detectors using this simparams.root file to access to paramater informations, so it should not harm the analysis if you comment it out.
Please try and let me know.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message