GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Fix in lhetrack
Re: Pid with lhetrack [message #6522 is a reply to message #6520] Fri, 18 April 2008 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi Sebastian,
I remember your considerations, but I have supposed they were connected to the bad behaviour of the g4 "stepLimiter" option (as found by Dima) that now is switched off. But it does not seems the case, there is still something strange.
About trusting on g3 or g4... I am not too much sure on what should be the correct response. Are you able to produce the same plots for tpc, just to cross check? In theory the plot in the data particle booklet should be our reference, and in that case electrons stay higher than pions (so in this case g3 should be more realistic).

About the second structure, as I wrote before,
kaons can decay into pions, and these are placed in the region you evidence. This is the reason "I think" of the second structure. "Kaon" means "event where I have created one primary kaon", not "the particle is a kaon".
I am not applying PID because I am not using MC info at all, so at the moment I cannot tell you exactly what they are, but I think my suspect should be true.

Opinions are welcome..

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message