GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » problem in retriving data from runDemo output
Re: problem in retriving data from runDemo output [message #6160 is a reply to message #6159] Wed, 26 March 2008 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi,

It seems that you miss understand me , or I did not make my point clearly! does not matter.

Quote:

However Dipak tried to access the track data in a simple root macro WITHOUT the framework. This is how we started the discussion

This is clear for me, and this what I want to have also, reading data files should be and is possible without the framework except for your tracks!

Quote:

But I think with a more explicit interface between the track parameters / propagators and it's environment this restriction could be partly lifted. After all the track only needs a BField and (maybe) a geometry - not the whole Run Information.
And this would maybe be usefull for tests like Dipak's.

Track parameters for me are basic data types who know nothing about framework geometry or what ever, they only know in which frame they are and that they are calculated at a certain point in space or in a certain plan (reference frame). From this information the Run can tell what is the field at this point and in which material it is, if this is needed. In case that somebody just want to see the distributions of a certain parameter or the errors then plain root should be enough.

Regards,

Mohammad

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fluka is available now!
Next Topic: Forgotten increment of iterator???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:53:03 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01112 seconds