GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » problem in retriving data from runDemo output
Re: problem in retriving data from runDemo output [message #6157 is a reply to message #6156] Wed, 26 March 2008 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi,

Quote:

b) The user has to take care that the new propagator repects the conditions under which the old parameters were fitted (magnetic field, material ...).

Normally a propagator has access to the geometry, material and field, then it needs only the initial track parameters to deliver new ones and the errors. So is there any other conditions? On the other hand the Fitter usually uses the propagator to estimate the new parameters but never act on the propagator it self! my understanding is that these two packages can be completely independent of each other, the only thing is to grantee that they use the same geometry and field and that is exactly what the CbmRun is doing!

Quote:

In the case of TrackBase however there is a deep dependency on the base package, because the Run object singleton is used to access the magnetic field. You cannot simply use it outside the framwork. Can you?

If I have a manager which deliver me the field and geometry I will use it!
This dependancy is ok for me, I will never try to remove it! for following reasons:

1. I do not see any reason for this! except that you think it is better to be independent of any framework(Panda could change it again) but this means you should use the geane fortran directly and even though you are still dependent on G3 and CERN, doing this you have to write your own VMC main application loop to run G3 and Geane. Or you implement also your own propagator!

2. The CbmRun does not only deliver the field but take care that you have the proper one used in simulation and the same for the geometry!

regards

Mohammad

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fluka is available now!
Next Topic: Forgotten increment of iterator???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:02:09 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00932 seconds