Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Meetings » KVI Workshop, 21-25th of January
|KVI Workshop, 21-25th of January [message #5620]
||Fri, 11 January 2008 22:28
Registered: April 2007
Location: University of Groningen
Here some updates concerning the KVI workshop and the computing model meeting:
The program on the web, which you can find at
has been changed during the course of this week. Some important issues are
1) The workshop will still start at 15:00 on Monday the 21th of January.
2) The PandaRoot V3 discussion by Soeren will be moved to Wednesday afternoon. On Monday afternoon there will be the tutorial/presentation by Klaus Goetzen on Fast simulations&rho framework. I hope this is ok with you Klaus?
3) We will try to setup a video-conference system (although primitative) during the workshop. On Wednesday, there will be an EVO discussion with the TMVA developers at CERN and with colleagues in Glasgow concerning forward tracking. On Thursday morning there will be a video conference meeting with our colleagues from the CBM collaboration on the Fair-Root code organisation etc. Of course others from outside are welcome to join as well.
4) The discussion on global tracking and Genfit has been moved to Wednesday morning, so that Sebastian can join as well.
5) On Thursday afternoon, we have scheduled a discussion on migration aspects of the BFRoot framework and PandaRoot. Matthias and Bertram, can you make it on time for this?
6) Friday will be devoted to the computing model aspects for Panda/Fair. In the morning there will be some presentations of common interest. After this, the workshop will end and a closed computing model meeting among committee members will follow in the afternoon. The timeslot for the closed session has been extended to 17:30.
In general, the workshop will be very informal, which means we will have a lot of time for discussions and to actually do some hands-on work if needed. I, therefore, recommend participants to bring their laptops. Internet connections will be provided.
Participants are asked to book their hotel rooms themselves: ASAP!. A list of recommended hotels can be found at
or for a complete list
If you encounter any problem in making a room reservation, please contact me directly. The Martini-hotel has offered us a discount. In case you book your room there, please indicate that it is for a workshop organized by KVI/University of Groningen.
Groningen is located in the north-east of the Netherlands. For those who arrive by plane: there is a small airport near Groningen ("Eelde or airport Groningen"), however, with only a small number of flights. It is probably more convenient to arrive at Schiphol (Amsterdam) and take a direct train to Groningen. More information can be found at
Local transportation: KVI is located in the north of Groningen, about 6 km from the center of town (where hotels are located). To make life easier for those who do not come by car, I will try to organize some transportation. So, please, for those who do not have access to a car that week, please sent me an email NOW!!!! So far, I only received a couple of requests for that, from which I presume that a lot of participants will come by car.
I increased the workshop fee to 100 Euros (please pay in with cash!), which now will include the lunch, social event, and - for those who requested - transportation from hotel to KVI and visa-versa.
More information will be provided next week,
University of Groningen/KVI
NL-9747 AA Groningen
Current Time: Tue Feb 07 23:08:44 CET 2023
Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00797 seconds