GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Stepsize in TPC Simulation with new external packages
Re: Stepsize in TPC Simulation with new external packages [message #5586 is a reply to message #5585] Fri, 14 December 2007 12:57 Go to previous message
Viola Michael is currently offline  Viola Michael
occasional visitor
Hi Mohammed!
thank you very much for you replies. Yes, i do use Edep, but i do not use flength. I use gMC->TrackStep() instead of TrackLength(). When i look at the distribution of PndTpcPoint.fLength almost all have a length of 0.5cm (for a step limit of 0.5).

With the delta electrons: Perhaps they are the problem: they take energy with them and so there is little dE left for the step. And the energy left goes done the shorter the step is. But i tried to go up with the cuts, i tried to turn the delta-rays off, but the low energy losses stays and only goes up when increasing step size.

I don't understand the part with the possible energy leak from the volume?

Perhaps this could solve my problem:
"So may be you can register the energy loss instead of deposited energy, which means you have to register the initial energy of your particle at entering a step and the final (at exiting)."
... but i have no idea how to do it (i only know the entering and exiting functions for a whole track) Can you please give a hint?

Thanks in advance!

Viola

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message