GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » New external packages and major update of FairRoot
Re: New external packages and major update of FairRoot [message #5467 is a reply to message #5466] Sat, 24 November 2007 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi,
unfortunately the gentoo is a not stable distribution, it depends on who has installed it and how.

In each case, for the "missing files" the explanation is easy. They are moved, so if you try to repeat the compilation because some error has occurred, then they are not anymore in the original place (so the error) but at the proper place... nothing to worry about.

About my previous error, it was connected to the fact my g77 was linked to gcc 4.1.1 (the reason of the many warnings): I linked it to gcc 3.4.6 and now everything is fine... almost.

Now I have the last error connected to the missing libg2c.so in gcc 4:

/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.1/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/l d: cannot find -lg2c
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [/.automount/ophelia.physik.uni-giessen.de/root/local/cbmsoft/cbmsoft_de vel/transport/geant3_r220/lib/tgt_linux/libgeant321.so] Error 1
*** ERROR: Geant3 could not be created.
*** End installation of external packages with Errors***

In the previous installation I have corrected it by modifying a line in the transport/geant3/config/Makefile.linux:

SHLIB = -L /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6 -lg2c

The only problem is that now the directory transport/geant3/config does not exist anymore, and the geant3/Makefile seems linked to the ROOT_ETCDIR (root/etc/vmc)... so now I have no idea on how and where to set the correct path of my libg2c.so ... before it was much easier.

Heeeelppppp....

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message icon14.gif