GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Geane update
Geane update [message #5431] Fri, 16 November 2007 11:59
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi,
I have uploaded to svn repository in the directory geane a new version of CbmGeanePro, to fix a bug: now the errors are no more reset to zero when the PropagateToPlane function is called.

I have also committed in trackbase a new version of CbmTrackParP with a new constructor, where I added the "spu" variable, which "tells" GEANE if the momentum of the particle is parallel or antiparallel to the axis perpendicular to the plane surface.

In order to use this, some changes should be done in GeaneTrackRep. I mean:
- a variable fspu should be added;
- just after the creation of CbmTrackParP par(pos,...), the fspu should be filled:
fspu = par.GetSPU();
- then in GeaneTrackRep::extrapolate function, the new constructor should be used:
CbmTrackParP par(state[3][0], state[4][0], state[1][0], state[2][0], state[0][0], cova, ofrom, ufrom, vfrom, fspu).
Sebastian, could you please change these points? If you don' t have time soon, don' t worry: I did not delete the old constructor, so no problem in the code compilation should arise even if you don' t do this immediately Wink

I ran 1000 events of single particle muons at 1.5 GeV/c, phi random (0, 360), theta random (-180, 180) with the demo classes changed as alredy described in message #5160 of the discussion "geane propagation: floating point exception" in this Forum and I put the results in attachment: spu.pdf is the new constructor result, nospu.pdf in the old one; we get a gain in efficiency.

Ciao,
Lia.
  • Attachment: spu.pdf
    (Size: 13.39KB, Downloaded 591 times)
  • Attachment: nospu.pdf
    (Size: 13.30KB, Downloaded 579 times)

Read Message
Previous Topic: genfit: Kalman
Next Topic: VertexFinder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:17:27 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01353 seconds