GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Problem with a symbol lookup
Problem with a symbol lookup [message #5016] Tue, 04 September 2007 13:05 Go to previous message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Hi everybody.

I have a problem with my mvd code.

First of all: It Compiles.

When running the macro (calling the MvdRecoTask("Simple") ) it crashes with
/data_hilbert/Software/fairroot/cbmsoft/tools/root/bin/root.exe: symbol lookup error: /home/ralfk/Pandaroot/build/lib/libMvdReco.so: undefined symbol: _ZN12MvdCalcStrip20CalcStripPointOnLineEdR8TVector2

This happens in the SimpleHitmaker.cxx, where I want to access the MvdCalcStrip::CalcStripPointOnLine() function. There is a similar calling with the MvdCalcFePixel and this works.

The thing is that I have the class MvdCalcStrip compiled into the library libMvd.so and my SimpleHitMaker is inside the libMvdReco.so. If I look inside the libraries I find this:
ralfk@pktw61:~/Pandaroot/pandaroot/macro/mvd/Ralf> nm ../../../../build/lib/libMvdReco.so | grep _ZN12MvdCalcStrip20CalcStripPointOnLineEdR8TVector2
         U _ZN12MvdCalcStrip20CalcStripPointOnLineEdR8TVector2
ralfk@pktw61:~/Pandaroot/pandaroot/macro/mvd/Ralf> nm ../../../../build/lib/libMvd.so | grep _ZN12MvdCalcStrip20CalcStripPointOnLineEdR8TVector2
0002ff20 T _ZN12MvdCalcStrip20CalcStripPointOnLineEdR8TVector2

It means the Function is undefined inside the LibMvdReco and it is there inside the LibMvd. I think there should be no Problem at all.
And I did load both libraries in the needed order.

Any Ideas?

Regards, Ralf.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Stable version didn't work with Geant4.8.3.p01
Next Topic: Prolem reading UrQMD files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:39:42 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00994 seconds