GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Alice » Alice TRD chamber construction » Gluing table modification
Gluing table modification [message #341] Tue, 20 April 2004 12:04
Clemens Adler is currently offline  Clemens Adler
continuous participant
Dear Chamber builders,
It turned out that the Side profiles (L-profiles) are often slightly bent, i.e. if you fix the profile in the middle (as it is done on the gluing tables) the sides might stand up a little bit. This is a Problem when gluing the frame, since this could create a step on the surface between front and side profiles at the surface where wires are glued on.
Therfore the gluing tables have to be modified: 2 additional clamps have to be introduced at the sides of the L-profiles.

This involves the following work:
1. drill additional holes in the Aluminium plate.
2. cut threads
3. insert helicoil inserts
4. produce additional clamps (this should be done at the individual production sites, if at all possible).

The position of the holes is not extremely critical, therfore I do not see a Problem to do it (we did it for the firt holes by hand, with some guide for drilling).
The Helicoil part, seems to be a bigger problem, since at least in Bukarest there is not tool for insertion of helicoils. So it would be good if those holes could still be made at GSI.
For Dubna I do not know, what the status is there in terms of helicoils, maybe Oleg can comment, and then we see how we proceed.
In any case care shold be taken during production now, that the ends of the L-profiles are presed down so that there is no significant gap between surface and gluing table plate.

cheers,
Clemens

Read Message
Previous Topic: Distribution of chamber types to labs
Next Topic: Material Status
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:27:54 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01059 seconds