GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Changes in DPM Generator?
Changes in DPM Generator? [message #4355] Fri, 25 May 2007 14:08 Go to previous message
Felix Boehmer is currently offline  Felix Boehmer
first-grade participant

Hi,

recently there was an update to the DPM generator that allows to individually turn elastic/inelastic scattering off and on.

I am working for some time now on a simulation of the space-charge created by the ions in the tpc chamber. My problem now is that I get inconsistent results with the old and new version of the DPM generator (with both kinds of scattering turned on), while my simulation and the parameters (e.g. beam energy) remained unchanged.

The overall created space charge I can observe with the new version is about 30% lower than what I had before the update, and the shape and intensity of the central peak seems to have changed drastically as well.

Is this a change or is there a bug somewhere?
And as a general remark: It would be very nice to have some methods to directly access central parameters of the Generator, so that one can directly check for values and changes - some kind of Print() method or a doc file.

If there were none please tell me so and I will have a deep look at my code again to see if the problem is on my side.

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: decay off in geant4
Next Topic: MvdTrackCand missing?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:29:31 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01047 seconds