GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » miscellanous
Re: miscellanous [message #4304 is a reply to message #4303] Wed, 23 May 2007 11:56 Go to previous message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi,

1. Well, it wasn't exactly what I asked, but it is also a way to use parallel threads. I was referring to what GEANT4 is calling parallel worlds in its documentation. I don't know if the concept is introduced from 8.12 patch 01, but in 8.13 there is such a concept.

Ok, I have no idea about this concept in G4, I have to read more to understand what you mean. But proof is not only threads it is parrallel proccessing distributing the jobs to different CPUs and we are planning to make a Proof cluster for CBM. which will enable the people to do parrallel proccessing interactivily.

2. Maybe I'm missing the path toward PANDARoot CMake file. Can you tell me where exactly is located? I see for the moment only old autotools stuff.

In pandaroot there is a directory cmake, also in each subdirectory there CMakeLists.txt.

To use this you have to define a SIMPATH variable to your external packages installation then create a build directory and from this directory call:

build> cmake (PATH TO PANDAROOT SRC)
build> . config.sh
build> make install

Just a small comment:
You said is GSI or whatever else. Then why the environment variables are pointed toward /opt? Shouldn't be pointing toward local directory? Or it's up to everybody to set them up as he/she likes.

As I said we will get rid of this

Also, starting with version 8.12 patch01, Geant4 has no more a separated directory for the hadronic physics lists (they are compiled together with the rest of the packages being now located in sources directory

Yes, and the VMC can use this it is not a problem, we are testing now the newest G4 and VMC at the GSI, and when we finish we will post a mail.

regards

Mohammad

Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: PandaROOT Wiki update
Next Topic: panda base classes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:11:13 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01366 seconds