GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » decay off in geant4
Re: decay off in geant4 [message #4343 is a reply to message #4341] Fri, 25 May 2007 10:47 Go to previous message
Pablo Genova is currently offline  Pablo Genova
continuous participant
Stefano Spataro wrote on Fri, 25 May 2007 10:36

This part belongs to our developement, not to the "global" virtualMC.

Yes it's the local tuning of the virtualMC. But it's not so easy to change that part if one has not clear the internal virtualMC, I guess

If I remember well Mohammad developed these functions, that are geant3 functions, not geant4! This means that there can be something which is not yet fully debugged.

I agree, but at a certain point they should enter the physics process of geant4, constructing or not the required interactions. I think it's a very nice approach for the user that of having such a simple interface so that one has not build the processes manually.

In each case we know for sure that the geant4 lists are not so "tuned" (they are the ones of example4, if I remember well), so do not expect to have good results with g4 at the moment.

for the stt, I almost always used geant3 also for this reason. It's very useful, during tracking, to disable/enable processes to understand the limits of your tracking algorithm.

ciao Pablo

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: box generator