GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Alice » Alice TRD chamber construction » Chamber Construction Manual
Re: Chamber Construction Manual [message #790 is a reply to message #263] Tue, 17 August 2004 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Clemens Adler is currently offline  Clemens Adler
continuous participant
Hello everybody,
I finally managed to make an update of the Chamber contruction manual. It did not become nicer Wink, but it includes all the changes in construction procedures, that our experience of the last half year suggested.
There were few major changes of procedures like glueing padplanes to the panel, but in general I changed something in almost every section. So please throw away the old manual and only use the new one, it can be found at:
http://www.physi.uni-heidelberg.de/~adler/TRD/ConstructionManual/TRD-CCM .pdf

If someone is interested what exactly was changed, he/she can have a look at the same document with the changes marked up:
http://www.physi.uni-heidelberg.de/~adler/TRD/ConstructionManual/TRD-CCM 17.8.04_changes.pdf
(this includes changes as red undermarked text, resp. as comments on the side, except minor orthographical errors).

Intent and use of this document:

This manual was created upon the specific request of the TRD collaboration (at least the chamber building part) during the last collaboration meeting (in February). The idea of this document is that we find a set of common procedures how to build chambers. The general feeling was that it is not acceptable that different production sites use different approaches/materials/procedures during the construction of the readout chambers.

At the collaboration meeting there was no representative from Dubna, but I belive that Yuri and Oleg agree with this approach. Everybody else explicitly agreed to this.

I do not want to appear as if I had the feeling that we're the only ones who know how to build chambers (which is certainly very far from the truth), but this document describes how to build a TRD chamber and if anybody would like to do something differently it has to be discussed in this forum.

Unfortunately nobody sent any comment on the first version, so we have to start with what we think is the best way to build a chamber.
I hope that the more experienced people involved in this project will be able to provide some suggestions, ideas etc. to the procedures described, also there are still some open questions, (e.g. what typ of solder/flux should be used) that have to be discussed, where some experienced insight would be certainly helpful.

cheers,
Clemens

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Absolute gain Measurement L1C1#2
Next Topic: Anode Wire Problem Summary and Conclusion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:03:59 CEST 2024