GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » compilation of macros
Re: compilation of macros [message #9846 is a reply to message #9837] Thu, 03 December 2009 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi Bertram

Quote:

meanwhile, I tried to compile the second emc macro "digi_emc.C". It didn't compile since "TString parFile" is declared twice within the macro. This is definitely a bug, even though the original macro w/o the compilation procedure seems to run properly. Can somebody tell me, why the non-compiled macro is running at all. No c++ compiler would accept such kind of code.
After getting rid of the second declaration everything works fine.

This is due to the fact that ROOTCINT is an interpreter and the
developers made it as foolproofe as possible. If this was a good choice one can debate, but most users of ROOT are physicist who don't care about coding conventions, ordering of includes, catching any error and so on. They are interested in results and this as fast and easy as possible which is okay and understandable but which contradicts with good and clean coding. The second and in my opinion much more important point is that at most universities there are no programing lessons at all and i think with the new bachalor/master studies things even get worse.

Ciao

Florian

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message