GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Meetings » PandaRoot meeting, Wednesday 21th of October, 10:00, EVO
Re: PandaRoot meeting, Wednesday 21th of October, 10:00, EVO [message #9631 is a reply to message #9595] Tue, 27 October 2009 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Bertram Kopf is currently offline  Bertram Kopf
continuous participant
Hi Mohammad,

Mohammad Al-Turany wrote

Anyway, if you can implement an alternative to this it would be very welcome, finally the design is implemented that we can replace the run time data base with another package.

And tell now we have no body to take care of the Oracle data base for Panda at the GSI (Table design, web interface for validation and so on ). But with our Run time DB we can use the root file as an alternative, but if you come with a new implementation it would be great. So it would be nice to see a Dictionary-Proxy-condition-data base implemented for Panda. My only concern was that if one try to replace this very complex system with a naive set and get things, but if you plan such an advanced system then as I said welcome.

On my local PandaRoot version, I have migrated a type-safe Proxy-Dictionary which can also be used for an alternative solution to the present Run time DB. In addition it can also be used for a global access to (lists of) transient objects. This proxy dict doesn't interfere with any other code. On my machine, everything compiles and the standalone test macros are working properly.
I have created a new directory "PndBase" with a subdirectory "ProxyDict" where the source code is located. In addition I created a subdirectory "ProxyDict" in the macro package where the test macros are available.
In order to commit these things it would be nice to give me the relevant write permissions. Is this possible? Or should I send you the code and you take care of it?

Thanks in advance and cheers,
Bertram.

p.s.: In addition I intend to migrate to the PndBase directory some useful association tools which support 1:1, 1:many and many:many relations.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: EMC Software Meeting, 28 Oct., 10 hrs
Next Topic: Tracking Software Meeting at GSI Dec. '09
Goto Forum: