GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Meetings » PandaRoot meeting, Wednesday 21th of October, 10:00, EVO
Re: PandaRoot meeting, Wednesday 21th of October, 10:00, EVO [message #9595 is a reply to message #9594] Wed, 21 October 2009 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi Bertram,

Thanks for the answers and just one thing, the run time data base is an interface which make the communication with the condition data base transparent in a sense that you just change the I/O and your code stay the same. It also support changing the parameters inside one run on event base and all this was and is already working and developed since more than ten years by Hades. Also as I said before the most critical part is the version management.

Anyway, if you can implement an alternative to this it would be very welcome, finally the design is implemented that we can replace the run time data base with another package.

And tell now we have no body to take care of the Oracle data base for Panda at the GSI (Table design, web interface for validation and so on ). But with our Run time DB we can use the root file as an alternative, but if you come with a new implementation it would be great. So it would be nice to see a Dictionary-Proxy-condition-data base implemented for Panda. My only concern was that if one try to replace this very complex system with a naive set and get things, but if you plan such an advanced system then as I said welcome.

regards

Mohammad

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: EMC Software Meeting, 28 Oct., 10 hrs