GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Crash in genfit/geane
IFIELD setting. [message #9575 is a reply to message #9247] Mon, 19 October 2009 10:56 Go to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi,
while looking at the crash problem I was printing the magnetic field values read by geane (Hx, Hy, Hz) and I saw sometimes it sees 0, 0, 0 instead of the correct value (compared to the map values)... This is due to the fact that in some materials in the media_pnd.geo file the IFIELD parameter is set to 0 (for example for copper and mylar, two stt media): the STT is inside the magnetic field but geane does not see it in these cases.

Is there any reason why IFIELD must be set to 0 on some materials I didn' t think about?

I think that all the materials which are inside the magnetic field should switch this parameter on (i.e. set IFIELD to 1 and not to 0), otherwise during the geane tracking it will be assumed that here there is no field and the track will not bend inside these materials.

I would change at least copper and mylar (since I saw the problem there), is there any objection? I ask, since not only stt uses these materials.

Best regards,
Lia.

P.S.: Unfortunately this is not the source of the crash, so I keep investigating... please be patient! Rolling Eyes

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message