GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » Solenoid field effect on the particle track theta!
Re: Solenoid field effect on the particle track theta! [message #9217 is a reply to message #9206] Tue, 18 August 2009 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Inti Lehmann is currently offline  Inti Lehmann
occasional visitor
Hi Huagen and Jost,

That effect seems a stronger effect to me that I would have naively expected from the slight asymmetry of the door iron. In particular as we are talking about the field only 1.5cm off the beam axis, right?

Another thing which strikes me odd is that the deviation in theta seems more (at least double) than the rotation in phi. It also seems to bend the tracks to lower theta only. (It is difficult to read from the plots, but I would take ~5.5 without field, and 0.5-1deg less with field, right?) I'm not sure, if I am just confused, but wouldn't that mean, we had to have a circular field component larger than the radial one? Maybe I'm just lost....

Could you check what happens to protons? Will this be opposite and equal?

As I understand you only switch the solenoid on and off. What happens if you add a dipole field? Ideally the whole thing should just be shifted, but...

Cheers,
Inti

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Strange shape for the cental part of beam pipe.
Next Topic: Add new classes to libraries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:58:24 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00734 seconds