GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Usage of Dirc in concord with certain detectors
Re: Usage of Dirc in concord with certain detectors [message #9144 is a reply to message #9088] Thu, 06 August 2009 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hello,
I have tried to study this behaviour.
First I have run tutorials/lhetrack/run_sim_tpccombi_pgun.C"(100,13,1)" with the standard macro, where Drc is at the end, and everything was running fine.
Than I have moved the Drc part just before Tpc, almost at the beginning, and after 10 events I have a crash in geometry (TGeoNode::Safety).
This is the backtrace:

Toggle Spoiler

Then I have tried to move it between TPC and MVD, and now the error is in TGeoNavigator::FindNextDaughterBoundary :

Toggle Spoiler

I have removed the pipe, thinking about some overlap between it and the DIRC, but without improvements. I have removed all the detectors, and then the simulation runs. Once I put inside all the detectors one by one (keeping dirc at the top after cave), at emc I have again the crash.

Then, we have some problems with geometry, maybe some conflict between dirc and emc, but I am not sure. What is strange is that the crash depends on the order of detectors.
Expert should maybe take a look, trying to understand what is going wrong.

I have done all my tests with geant3 and old external packages. I will try tpo see what will happen with the new ones.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Some issues with transient members of PndEmcCluster
Next Topic: Stable release updated