GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Reconstruction efficiency of LHE tracking
Re: Reconstruction efficiency of LHE tracking [message #9127 is a reply to message #9096] Mon, 03 August 2009 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
donghee is currently offline  donghee
first-grade participant
Dear Stefano,

I'm actually using TPC, and I'm interesing the electron detection from 1 GeV to 3.5 GeV momentum range
Quote:

Probably at some particular angle there is some geometry effet from the pipe, and than simply tracks are scattered and not reconstructed properly. However, I am quite surprised that you reconstruct up to 160°, apart from the hole due probably to pipe material (if i remember well int he back aprt is not titanium anymore but steel).

I didn't expect many hit over 150 degree in LHE tracking.
But actually, I'm not doing anything, LHE tracking decide to show the event more than 150 degree when the interaction point is moved into the point at 30 cm.
If some low monentum electron is produced near 30cm, then probably some TPC hit can be recorded due to the solenoid magnet even though the electron has small angle. This is my rough guess.

I couldn't catch your comment for material, what is the difference between titanium and steel. Is the cone shape pipe in backward composed with steel? and steel produce more secondary particles than titanium?
Sorry for stupid question!

Best wishes,
Donghee

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: GEM 'realistic' track finding
Next Topic: PndMicroCandidate
Goto Forum: