GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » PndTrack and LheTrack
Re: PndTrack and LheTrack [message #8931 is a reply to message #8928] Mon, 29 June 2009 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Dear all,
after some fights (and I won!), now even genfit tracks using lhetrack are written as PndTrack.

This means that in the file one can find, as TClonesArray:

LheTrack -> lhe prefit (helix)
LheGenTrack -> genfit refitted tracks

Both are TCA made of PndTrack, as agreed.

There is still the PndTrackCand issue to solve, and of the ref index. At the moment no index is stored inside the PndTrack.

Now, some considerations:

It would be also interesting to agree on a "flag" scheme, considering that the PndTrack stores a fFlag, and that we all should use the same values. Any suggestions? From genfit I have seen the flag is always 0, but maybe because this is the initialization value (that I have set in PndTrack).
And I have seen that half the tracks I have have NDF = 0 (even if there is some value of momentum inside). This is another quite interesting point to understand.
Moreover, in PndTrack we are storing the PidHipothesis (I suppose from the genfit fit), then maybe this info zould be propagated from the kalman task to the outgoing Track object, in order to fill also this variable.

And it would be nice if the output of the kalman fitter, exceptions, and reco hits, could be reduced a lot, depending on the Verbose flag. I think there is too much unwanted I/O, and this could also slow down a bit the reconstruction, producing also big log files.

Regards

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: point of closest approach
Next Topic: GEM 'realistic' track finding
Goto Forum: