GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » new features in GENFIT
new features in GENFIT [message #8899] Wed, 24 June 2009 12:13 Go to previous message
Anonymous Poster From: *e18.physik.tu-muenchen.de
Dear colleagues,

there are some new features in GENFIT:

The adapter from GENFIT to PndTrack is done. It is in trackrep for the moment, but it will move to another location eventually. Tracking experts: Please check my code. I have no possibility to test it, so a thorough check by you is very important. Tracks are now saved only in FairTrackParP format, like discussed in Torino.

I added an outlier rejection mechanism to GENFIT. You can activate it by giving a >0. cut value to void Kalman::setOutlierCut(double d). It is given in units of chi2/NDF (in some sense in units of sigma) for single hits.
If a hit is rejected this fact will documented in the Track's bookkeeping mechanism. Please see the Track source files for that.
In the 1. forth&back fitting pass, the rejection is deactivated. For every following pass, the rejection is calculated newly and the bookkeeping is cleared. That means that only the hits rejected in the last fitting pass are not used for the final track parameters.

Cheers, Christian

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: GEM Tracking inside LHETRACK