GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Adapter from Genfit to Pnd objects checked in
Re: Adapter from Genfit to Pnd objects checked in [message #8851 is a reply to message #8848] Thu, 11 June 2009 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Sebastian Neubert is currently offline  Sebastian Neubert
first-grade participant

Hi Stefano!

What you describe is a problem with the ownership of the object that is pointed to. When this object is living in a different branch, possibly in a different file then using standard pointers does indeed not work. One could use TRef but I do not recommend it. I have not made good experience with that.

Anyhow the situation we are having here is different: The Parameter object clearly is owned by the PndTrack object. This case can be handled by ROOT without any problem. You can even define a TClonesArray INSIDE your object to store several objects (See the Event class example that comes with ROOT). I do this all the time. It works well.

The only thing that you should care about in such a situation is the split level of the branch. I have good experiences with NOT allowing root to split such a branch.

Cheers! Sebastian.

Sebastian Neubert
Technische Universität München
Department Physik E18
sneubert@e18.physik.tu-muenchen.de
tel: +49-8928912592

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message