GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Forward spectrometer tracking
Re: Forward spectrometer tracking [message #8791 is a reply to message #8778] Thu, 04 June 2009 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Radoslaw Karabowicz is currently offline  Radoslaw Karabowicz
continuous participant
Dear Donghee,

FIrst of all, the kMVD, kGEM, kDCH are defined in /trunk/pnddata/PndDetectorList.h.

As for the adddition of the MVD, I think that both for GEM and DCH, the PrepareKalmanTracks tasks are taking the existing detector local tracks and build the Tracks that are understood and worked on by the KalmanTask itself. We have decided to make the PndFwdPrepareKalmanTracks accordingly, so that it takes GEM and DCH local tracks and combines them into Tracks. For now the task is very bad designed, I have to admit it (I created this, Aleksandra would have made a better job), because it works only with the MC information available. In future implementations it should be changed, have to be changed, and probably the task of merging GEM and DCH tracks together should go into other task.

As for the second question, the iteration can start from MVD at the moment, but I think we have to agree on this later on. In fact I would think that merging the tracks between different detectors should start from a detector with smallest amount of tracks/smallest acceptance (I did not think a long time about the problem, just guestimating).

Last answer is that PrepareKalmanTracks is working on tracks, not on hits. So it combines (at the moment, see previous remarks) tracks from different detectors, and the hits are there only to be placed in the resulting Track object.

Hope that answers your questions
radek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message