GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Forward spectrometer tracking
Re: Forward spectrometer tracking [message #8738 is a reply to message #8736] Tue, 02 June 2009 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Anonymous Poster From: *pool.einsundeins.de
Hi,

what do you mean with 'there is no global tracking for MVD, GEM & DCH'? It is in principle true, but all these groups use genfit. So to combine these into one global tracking is only an organizational problem, not a technical one.

Donghee: Are you maybe interested in trying this task? I guess that is all the 3 experts from the detector groups show you their macros, it shouldnt be a big problem. You would have to modify the recotasks/KalmanTask.cxx very slightly to contain hit producers for the three detectors. A hit producer is code which does for example:

for detector id 6, I take the following TClonesArray of reconstructed clusters and for each one I call the ctor SomeRecoHit(SomeCluster*).

Then you would need a pattern recognition which makes one TrackCand object containing all clusters from the 3 detectors, which should be possible by combining all the three pattern recognitions together (this would be in something like ForwardGlocalPatternRecoTask or so). In this task you would set up the Track objects which are then fit in the KalmanTask.

If you would like to try this, I could tell you a little more with the TPC example, how it is done.

Cheers, Christian

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message