GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Inconsistency geant3/gcons/gpart.F and TGean3.cxx
Re: GenaeTrackRep DetPlane [message #8693 is a reply to message #8690] Wed, 27 May 2009 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Anonymous Poster From: *pool.einsundeins.de
Hi,

hmm us bad kids writing in the forum during the PandaROOT meeting Wink

Yes, I will have time in Torino. Maybe I can give you a little help even now. You can take a look to a class called StripHit.h,cxx} in genfit/benchmark.

I define a strip detector hit here, which is perpendicular to the z-axis. But changing this should be easy for you.

What you need to do:
- If it is 1D, you can leave the HMatrix like it is, if it is 2D, add another 1 at _HMatrix[0][4] = 0. Also you need to set the NParHitRep to 1 or 2 accordingly.

- make a contructor, that accepts an object of the class you use for representing the hit (a digi or so)

- in this constructor construct the DetPlane (which you then set with setDetPlane() after it is complete) so that the span vector U points along the coordinate which your detector measures (and V of course perpendicular to it, and it measures the second coordinate in case you have one) Of course also you have to define the origin of the plane.

- then you need to fill _hitCoord[i][j] and _hitCov[i][j]. If it is 1D, then hitCov is just sigma^2, if it is 2D, hitCoord has two entries and hitCov is a 2x2 matrix. Most likely you just set the diagonal to the sigma^2 of the projections. If there are correlations you can put them, and they will be used correctly.

If you have more questions, please ask.

Cheers, Christian

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message