GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Inconsistency geant3/gcons/gpart.F and TGean3.cxx
Re: GenaeTrackRep DetPlane [message #8633 is a reply to message #8630] Mon, 25 May 2009 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi Alicia,
in GEANE when you define the SD (detector system) frame, which is the one we use with detector planes, you have a u, v, w system of axis and the GEANE plane (let' s call it this way) is the vw (so, yz plane of the frame), with the u axis orthogonal to it (I guess this is what you mean, with
Quote:

So far i know (please correct me if i'm wrong)
In Geane coordinates system, the direction of the
propagation is the X-axis, right??.

is this correct?), but I think that with genfit you don' t have to care about this, this is handled directly by GeaneTrackRep (when FairTrackParP is created), you just have to define as DetPlane you detector plane (with any orientation in space).
The only thing you have to pay attention for is that your track momentum must not lie on the plane, but it must have some angle with respect to it, otherwise you have some kind of divergence...
In the Stt case, the yz plane you mention is just a starting plane, in this case it is set in the origin, where no real plane is present, so in principle we could have chosen xy plane as well.
If you want to choose the xy plane as starting plane you can do it! ... if you have problems originating from the det plane choice, please let me know Rolling Eyes

Ciao,
Lia.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message