GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » EMC » Mass calculation from vector<PndEmcDigi*> in EMC
Re: Mass calculation from vector<PndEmcDigi*> in EMC [message #8600 is a reply to message #8599] Wed, 20 May 2009 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dima Melnychuk is currently offline  Dima Melnychuk
first-grade participant
Dear Donghee,

I can try to answer to your question but I hope that Bertram will correct me if I am wrong.

So first of all as I understand "invariant shower mass" should not give you a real mass of a particle but is just a property of the shower that allow you discriminate clusters from real photons and cluster which are created by two photons from pi0 decay.
From this point of view it does not make sense to apply the energy correction to calculate mass of the cluster. The energy correction does make sense if the particle if identified already as a photon.

Second, I want to add a comment what the clusters and digis are. The digi is in principle an energy deposited in single crystal, smeared somehow with electronic response. PndEmcMakeCluster task find a group of neighbor crystals and create from them a cluster and energy of the cluster is a sum of the energies of digis which it is made from.

May be you can look into my short presentation from the last EVO meeting ( http://panda-wiki.gsi.de/pub/Computing/Minutes13May2009/D.MelnychukPndEm cCluster130509.pdf), where I summarized a little bit about EmcClusters, however this presentation was for slightly different purpose.

Best regards,
Dima

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Question about GetEnergyCorrected()
Next Topic: forward endcap quest goes on
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:03:34 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01197 seconds