GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Inconsistency geant3/gcons/gpart.F and TGean3.cxx
Re: Inconsistency geant3/gcons/gpart.F and TGean3.cxx [message #8580 is a reply to message #8572] Mon, 18 May 2009 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi Alicia,
I had a look to the propagation of a deuteron in GEANE and actually I see that GEANE can propagate it: the problem is in the conversion from the PDG code to the Geant code of the particle, which is performed before calling ertrak, precisely in the line (in FairGeanePro.cxx): GeantCode=fdbPDG->ConvertPdgToGeant3(PDG);

Here TDatabasePDG is called to make the conversion, but when the PDG of the deuteron is put as input it returns as GeantCode the default value 0 instead of the right one (45).

In TDatabasePDG::ConvertPdgToGeant3 no line for the deuteron is present; if TDatabasePDG is set to handle correctly the deuteron, I think GEANE will have no more problem in tracking it.

As a test, I "bypassed" the TDatabasePDG adding by hand a line just after GeantCode=fdbPDG->ConvertPdgToGeant3(PDG);
to set the correct code:
if(PDGCode == 1000010020) GeantCode=45;
and I see GEANE does not crash anymore.

Ciao,
Lia.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message