GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » still trouble with Geane
Re: still trouble with Geane [message #8401 is a reply to message #8400] Mon, 04 May 2009 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
first-grade participant

Dear all,

Since it might take some time before the updates will be implemented and consequently in the next release of the external packages, I propose to prepare a new tarball of the external packages which only includes patches with the fixes related to Geane (no other updates). In preparation for the Torino meeting, we can place this tarball on the Wiki site, so that users and developers have enough time to install it. Meanwhile, we (.... eh, well lets say Mohammad) can work on the next official release of the external packages with -hopefully- an update from the vmc/root developers including Christian's and Lia's fixes and many more other new goodies. Lia would you be able to prepare a patched version of the external packages?

Note that the external packages will also be on subversion at the end of the month as Mohammad already announced, but with the main reason to make sure that the pandaroot releases will be coupled to the corresponding external packages. Concerning bug fixes in any code of the external packages, I would find it of utmost important that these fixes are (eventually) made in the original code in agreement with the responsible authors in order not to deviate from their developments. I realize that this does cause some extra overhead, but on the long run it will pay off.

Kind wishes and keep up the nice work!

Johan.

[Updated on: Mon, 04 May 2009 21:46]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message