GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Strategy discussion on Track objects
Re: Strategy discussion on Track objects [message #8365 is a reply to message #8357] Thu, 30 April 2009 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi,

I think almost all of us agree about having a well defined interfaces and cleaning the implementation for the Tracks, PID, etc. We already discuss this in the last collaboration meeting and even start doing something about it! What I do not understand is the statement:

But I also understand that there has been concern in the past that PANDAroot shall not depend on genfit.

In fact it was you (Christian and Sebastian) who wanted to have Genfit separated from the whole Pandaroot from the beginning with the argument "PANDA experiment changed the framework twice and if this happened again GenFit should not be changed!"

In fact Track, PID, etc. belongs normally to the PndData package, which then can be used by all detectors and/or packages, and what Christian suggest is simply all detector and analysis packages should be dependent on GenFit instead of PndData! What would be the problem if GenFit uses PndData? Do you really still believe that PANDA will through every thing in PandaRoot away and keep GenFit?

Maybe we have to clarify very soon the situation with this GenFit, and if you really think it is so general and independent may be you should distribute it as a stand alone package and we shift it to the external packages, or if it is a Panda software which is integrated inside panda software then it has to follow the rules as all other packages.

regards

Mohammad

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message