GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Strategy discussion on Track objects
Re: Strategy discussion on Track objects [message #8357 is a reply to message #8356] Thu, 30 April 2009 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Anonymous Poster From: *natpool.mwn.de
Hi,

I think Bertram is right about the separation of tracks and PID info.
You say that one should define what is needed from the track object. This is very true. If there are requirements to the tracks which are currently not fulfilled by the genfit Track, we will try to add them. However, since we are using genfit for charged particle tracking, I think this is the way it should go. To make another track object, that will need to learn extrapolation capabilities in a similar way to genfit again, does not make sense.

So, again, if there is any additional features of the track which are needed, we will accommodate them (if possible of course) in genfit. But I also understand that there has been concern in the past that PANDAroot shall not depend on genfit. But as this is the only charged track reconstruction we have and we will have in the near future, there is also no way around it. I do not know how to resolve this contradiction.

Cheers, Christian

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message