GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » PndSttHitProducerRealFast() depends on event type?
Re: PndSttHitProducerRealFast() depends on event type? [message #8256 is a reply to message #8228] Fri, 17 April 2009 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Hello Donghee,

As I read in tofbarrel.geo.error.txt the transport code breaks while processing a proton, applying an elastic scattering. This is inside Geant4 and I cannot help here. Are you sure that your external packages are installed completely and clean?

Anyway I have some (hopefully useful) hints for you.

Try to have a clean build with using make clean inside the build directory every now or then. You could even just delete the whole directory and recompile pandaroot from scratch. It takes a while, but it helped me once.

Be aware of your pandaroot version. svn info gives you the necessary details and svn status shows your changes. I recommond to use kdesvn or a similar graphics tool for the versioning and tracking changes.

Start first with an example like the above mentioned tutorial. This should run on your machine.

When you are debugging with running small ammounts of events I usually delete the *.root files before the next test. I can see from the output that your parameter file contains already a lot of enties. This should do nothing in theory, but I like to have it clean.

Greetings, Ralf.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Study of energy loss of GEM!
Next Topic: stable branch compilation error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:21:24 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01150 seconds