GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » WirepointHitPolicy detplane implementation
Re: WirepointHitPolicy detplane implementation [message #8127 is a reply to message #8126] Fri, 20 March 2009 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi Christian,
I uploaded the WirepointHitPolicy (and the PndSttRecoHit), please have a look if they are correct. Rolling Eyes

Quote:

I read again throught the argument about the difference in origin in STT and DCH. I understoof the difference now. In the STT you also have a measurement of the coordinate along the wire (by the way for curiosity: How do you plan doing that - charge sharing, timing on double sided readout?), and in the DCH case you dont have it.

But these are indeed two different things and I propose to have two policies for that.

WirepointHitPolicy for the STT
WireHitPolicy for the DCH

Would it be possible to have only one policy and use a "strategy" like the one you proposed to handle the "distance from wire" problem? I mean, we could add to the WirepointHitPolicy a variable that must be filled with the detectorID in order to discriminate between the dch and the stt when the origin of the plane has to be set or the distance cut has to be applied. What do you think? Could this be a solution?

Concerning the stt z: now we reconstruct it using the skewed tubes, during the local STT reconstruction.

Have a nice week end!
Lia.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message