GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » WirepointHitPolicy detplane implementation
Re: WirepointHitPolicy detplane implementation [message #8126 is a reply to message #8125] Fri, 20 March 2009 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Anonymous Poster From: *e18.physik.tu-muenchen.de
Hi Lia,

thanks a lot for the help in restructuring things. If you come up with something on the direction or want to discuss it, I am here....

I read again throught the argument about the difference in origin in STT and DCH. I understoof the difference now. In the STT you also have a measurement of the coordinate along the wire (by the way for curiosity: How do you plan doing that - charge sharing, timing on double sided readout?), and in the DCH case you dont have it.

But these are indeed two different things and I propose to have two policies for that.

WirepointHitPolicy for the STT
WireHitPolicy for the DCH

I guess the naming is self-explanatory. Lia, do you have write access in genfit? If so, could you implement your changed WirepoitHitPolicy and also the WireHitPolicy in which you put the code for Ola's choice of origin placement?

Then after that Ola could use WireHitPolicy and get rid of her own implementation of getDetPlane.

When we are done with this process, I will remove the virtual from getDetPlane in the RecoHitIfc to make this method non-overwriteable.

Lia, if I ask too much of you, please let me know and I will try to do some things as far as I can. Overall I think the process should be easy though.

Chers, Christian

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message