GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » WirepointHitPolicy detplane implementation
Re: WirepointHitPolicy detplane implementation [message #8118 is a reply to message #8115] Thu, 19 March 2009 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi Christian,
I implemented the GeaneTrackRep::extrapolateToLine but before putting it on the svn I have one question: in STT case we need to know the point of closest approach on wire in addition to the point of closest approach on the track (the usual poca) to build the plane, while we don' t care about the direction of the track in poca, can we change the TVector3 from dirInPoca to poca_onwire (or something like that) ?

Concerning the extrapolateToPoca I have to look at it more deeply, but since you don' t need the state/cov at the poca something like the extrapolateToLine (but with pca = 1) should work (to only find the poca, without the need to call the "Propagate" function which performs the actual propagation)... I only see a problem in finding the direction of the track at the point of closest approach... I need to think about this a little, to see if it is possible to get it without any extra extrapolation (a part the one to find the poca). I will let you know.

For the extrapolateToLine, my implementation is ready, with the change dirInPoca --> poca_onwire: I tested it with my stt reco hit and it works fine, so if you give me the "ok" I can put it on the svn.

Ciao,
Lia.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message