GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » WirepointHitPolicy detplane implementation
Re: new in AbsTrackRep: extrapolateToLine and consequences on WirepointHitPolicy [message #8107 is a reply to message #8105] Wed, 18 March 2009 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi,
ok, please, let me shortly summarize things, because I' m getting lost in all this discussion and I want to understand things well Wink

Let' s consider for now the extrapolateToPoca (just because it is already implemented, and the extrapolateToLine will be almost the same):
- NOW it does the following (by calling the PropagateToVirtualPlaneAtPCA): it extrapolates to a very large track length, finds the point of closest approach, builds here its own detector plane, finally re-extrapolates to this detector plane and gives the results, which are the state/cov/detPlane/poca.

- Your idea is to rewrite the extrapolateToPoca in order not to call the PropagateToVirtualPlaneAtPCA and to just have one extrapolation (the one to a very large track length), which only finds the point of closest approach, without filling any PREDICTED state/cov/detPlane.

If so, this is the same idea I have, so I agree Very Happy

In this case we will have (that' s true!) an extra extrapolation, but is really necessary in order to find the poca, so we just have to keep it.

Please correct me if I misunderstood something...

Ciao,
Lia.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message