GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » WirepointHitPolicy detplane implementation
Re: WirepointHitPolicy detplane implementation [message #8099 is a reply to message #8097] Tue, 17 March 2009 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi Ola,
as far as I understand you don' t have a z coordinate for your reco hit at the beginning of the Kalman procedure and so you would set the z coordinate to the value found by the propagation, after the propagation to find the detPlane is performed... is this correct?
Well, in this case you would consider as a measured value the extrapolated value and so the Kalman would use the extrapolated value twice when doing its weighted mean... Confused

Wouldn' t it be better to set the z coordinate to 0.0 and give a very large error to it, so that the Kalman practically does not consider it when doing the weighted mean and would take only the extrapolated value? (I think this could work, but I' m not 100% sure Rolling Eyes)

But let me understand one thing: now the z coordinate is set to 0.0, but will you be able to set it to a different value in future, or will you never have that coordinate? Can' t you get some info on that from the prefit?

Ciao,
Lia.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message