GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » WirepointHitPolicy detplane implementation
Re: WirepointHitPolicy detplane implementation [message #8097 is a reply to message #8093] Tue, 17 March 2009 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Aleksandra Wronska is currently offline  Aleksandra Wronska
continuous participant
Dear Lia and Christian,

I have no objections about introducing _maxDistance in WirepointHitPolicy. It's the easiest solution, isn't it?

Concerning the origin of detPlane, the answer for now is "I do not know", I am afraid. I need a few hours to look for a reasonable solution for dch to use with a fixed plane origin. Any suggestions from Lia (as the original author of the code) are welcome Wink

What I have in mind (without a clear idea of implemenation yet) is that I could set the Z coordinate of the DchRecoHit2 (checking previously that it was not set before, such that the same code works for you, too) to the Z of poca on the wire, calculated with respect to the wire centre. Does it have any chance to work, Lia?
This would require an extra function for setting Z of a RecoHit, but that's a minor thing, isn't it?

cheers,
ola

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message