GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » WirepointHitPolicy detplane implementation
Re: WirepointHitPolicy detplane implementation [message #8087 is a reply to message #8086] Mon, 16 March 2009 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Anonymous Poster From: 141.39.167*
Hi Lia and Ola,

thanks for pointing out the problems with my idea. I have to think about whether it would be wise to have such a function like the AbsTrackRep::extrapolateToPoca (which is called by virtualDetectorPlane)...
Actually it might well be that I remove getVirtualDetectorPlane all together, because it just calls AbsTrackRep::extrapolateToPoca....

Probably the best way to solve this would be to add a method to AbsTrackRep which is extrapolateToLine (which is clear what it does) and then call this from WirepointHitPolicy::detplane(). Your Poca code would then be implemented in GeaneTrackRep.

What do think about this solution?

If there is still slight modifiactions to the standard behavior necessary in DchHit, one could override detPlane from the policy, call the super-class methid, and then modify the result before returning the result.

Please let me know what you think!

Christian

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message